Veneers are an aesthetic dental treatment designed to fit over the natural teeth, improving the appearance of worn down, chipped, or broken teeth, as well as teeth that are discolored, misaligned, or misshapen. Veneers may also help to conceal gaps or spaces between teeth. A veneer is a very thin, tooth-colored shell that fits over and is bonded to the natural teeth.
Reasons our patients may choose veneers include:
- To aesthetically improve the appearance of their smile
- Veneers are durable and long-lasting — they typically last 2-3 times longer than composite dental fillings.
- To close spaces and gaps between teeth
- If a patient has naturally small teeth or not enough teeth showing when they smile, veneers can achieve a fuller-appearing smile.
- Veneers can often be placed without having to remove any of the natural tooth structure. They only affect the front of the tooth’s surface rather than the entire tooth.
- Veneers are easy to care for. Since they are so thin, care typically involves regular brushing, flossing, and dental hygiene visits.