At River Valley Dental, our dental hygienists are all licensed oral health care professionals who are experts in preventative oral care.
What can you expect for your dental hygiene appointment?
- Your dental hygienist will examine your teeth, mouth, and gums, evaluating your overall oral health and looking for potential oral complications
- X-rays of your mouth may be taken and reviewed by your hygienist and/or dentist
- Your hygienist will perform a thorough cleaning procedure in which plaque is removed
- Your hygienist may apply a fluoride treatment or a dental sealant
- You will be provided with guidance and information about how to maintain and improve your oral health
We recommend that our patients have a dental hygiene appointment every six months. The connection between oral health and overall health is constantly deepening, with more and more common health issues being proven to have oral manifestations and indications. With regular dental hygiene appointments, we can examine our patients for not only dental issues, but also for other health issues that may show their signs orally, such as heart disease and diabetes.
Our patients are loyal to us in large part due to our friendly, helpful dental hygenists — but don’t take our word for it — see what our patients have to say:
“Loved having Jenny do my cleaning. Friendly, professional and thorough. She is an asset to your practice.”
“I saw Mary for a check up and cleaning, she’s always very friendly and very thorough and informative, the dentist checked my teeth following my appointment and was also very nice and thorough.”
“I had a very good experience at River Valley Dental. I have been going here for many years (35 years) and truly appreciate the great service and wonderful staff. I feel comfortable going and actually look forward to seeing the staff. I highly recommend going to River Valley Dental!”
“I receive first rate dental care at River Valley. Mary the hygienist is top notch. Thorough, professional and a great job. 10+ years coming and can’t be more satisfied. Thank you very much.”